A look back at 2017 here on the blog is always a fun way to end the year. I re-cap the first post I published from January to December for the year ending—2017. I often lament about time being elusive. This can’t be more profound than at the end of another year and the fresh beginning of a new one. Continue reading “A Look Back at 2017”
This little blog turns 6 today! Wow, where has the time gone? The original post is here and I believe I’ve stayed fairly true to my purpose. That said, I see myself branching out as time goes on. I’m not sure what those branches will be, in all honesty. Maybe more focus on well-being and less focus on specific divorce issues? Continue reading “Happy 6th Blog Birthday!”
When things get tough, that’s when you count your blessings. Absolutely. True. Literally nothing can get me down because I have so many good things and people in my life. How can I possibly complain? I can’t.
Here’s my gratitude list;
- Having friends that ‘got my back’-I’m so fortunate to have friends that truly care…they check in…they offer moral support…they’re simply there when I need them. Friends are the family you choose.
- My car. My car is 16 years old now, but it runs like a charm (except for a few things). Other than putting money into maintenance and this year I need new tires, this car gives back far more than I have to put into it.
- Having time to work on my creative pursuits. Not everyone has the time to spend creatively and I’m always grateful for my flexible schedule.
- Living close to the ocean. It’s my go-to place for relaxation, meditation, play, exploration.
- Another day on the planet. As my birthday month is here, I always think about the good fortune of aging. yup, I think I just said I like getting older.
- I’m dry. Watching the news I can’t help but feel grateful that we aren’t facing any natural disasters, like Texas is facing now. We take for granted when mother nature stays calm but we never know when she’ll blow. For now though, my home is warm and dry and I’m truly grateful for those comforts.
What are you grateful for today? What’s on your mind?
You can join the blog link-up today by writing your own grateful list, and visiting those blogs as well. Have a great weekend, my Escapees!
Last year I rounded up a ‘look back’ at The Great Escape blog. It was interesting to see a year in the life of this little blog, so I’m doing the same here with a slight twist. We’ll end on my (and your) hopes for 2017. My theme for the year is building a dream…a year to build a dream on…because why not? Continue reading “A Year to Build a Dream On”
Hello Escapees, want to catch up over coffee? That’s one of my favorite things to do with friends. Even though we can’t do it literally, we can do it virtually here at the blog. Thanks to Shantala over at Shanayatales, for starting this Catch Up Over Coffee theme. It’s just an informal chat designed to put a more personal slant on the blog.
I think after all that’s been going on it’s nice to take a deep breath and just talk. Shoot the breeze. So, grab your cup a joe. (Ironically, I wrote a similar post almost exactly a year ago Hello! Come On In, I’ll Put Coffee On I guess Shantala and I think alike). Continue reading “Catch Up Over Coffee”
If you’ve been around here for a while you know how much I love music. I’ve written about it and its healing powers often. During my divorce, music was a big part of my life. I used it to relax, (Sarah MacLauchlan), to party (Dave Matthews Band), to paint (Chopin) and to reminisce (anything from the 80’s). So, music is a big deal to me—always has been, always will be. Continue reading “Music Heals”
Why feel lost when we’re all here, your on-line supporters and friends? Lisa’s divorce support round-up promises to offer something for every kind of divorce; high conflict, co-Parenting with a jerk, looking for love, having trouble dealing with your off the charts, emotions? I could go on and on because the issues we face during divorce are infinite in their variety. Continue reading “When You Feel Lost-Lisa’s Divorce Support Round-up”
It’s a simple fact that social media is now a big part of our life. It’s almost impossible to Continue reading “Social Media & Divorce-10 Tips”
Another year has passed by and again, I ask how did this happen? I was looking the other way. I was writing, fighting, relaxing, loving, answering, asking…I was being. Continue reading “Ready, Set, GO 2016”
I recently saw a post where the host, in review of her site, took the first post of each month of 2015 to look back on the year. I thought that was a fun way to summarize the year on a blog. I’m sorry I don’t have the name of her site…
2015 was an eventful year for me personally as well as here at the blog. One of the things that stands out in my mind is my attempt to take the “Year Of Happy” course. It was a fail. Not that I wasn’t happy in 2015 but around four Continue reading “A Look Back, 2015 At The Great Escape”