Well, look at me winning a blogging award. Thank you to Chrys Fey of Write With Fey, who nominated me for the lovely Liebster Award. The award is for the smaller blogs. So, forget the big guys for a minute…
The Liebster Award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers. The goal is to help people find these blogs that are worthy of a bigger following. In German “Liebster” means kindest, beloved, valued, and welcome.
Chrys’s wonderful blog is full of tips for writing fiction and I stop on over there on a regular basis for some inspiration. If you’re a writer, you will love her blog. She has published a series of novels so she knows what she’s talking about y’all.
Random Facts About Me
1. I took the YMCA aerobics instructor program in 1983 when Flashdance was all the rage. I immediately got myself some leg warmers to go with my certificate.
2. I took an evening fiction writing class in 1991
3. Chocolate is my favorite anything
4. My go to outfit is jeans and a white button up with a pair of boots
5. My best time to write is early morning
6. I’ve been addicted to Caffe Latte’s since 1993.
7. I love Ralph Lauren, his story, his style, his view on women. “Women are beautiful without makeup”-RL
-I love him so much I have this picture of him and his wife pinned to my inspiration board
8. When I get comments on my blog, it motivates me to keep writing
9. Reading has been my favorite pastime since I was 9 when my fourth grade teacher read to us, Charlotte’s Web
10. Music inspires my creativity
11. The smell of mint in the garden takes me back to my Grandmother’s backyard
My answers to Chrys’ questions…
1. If you were allowed to read books by only one author, who would it be and why?
It would have to be Jane Austen. I can read her novels repeatedly and find something new and fascinating about the plot or characters. Her stories are truly timeless.
2. What is your favorite dessert?
Chocolate Lava Cake, baby. Without the baby.
3. On a Friday night, what are you most likely to do?
Sit on the couch with a
glass bottle of wine and a favorite movie.
4. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be and why?
Be mean to strangers. I’m too nice and often get all kinds of people randomly stopping me to chat, ask directions (that I inevitably give wrong), help them carry things. I once had an elderly lady ask me if I could carry some of her grocery bags to her car. I said yes, of course.
5. Who is your favorite literary character? (You can pick one hero and one heroine.)
Ooooh, this is too hard. Owen Meany in A Prayer for Owen Meany and Elizabeth Bennett in Pride & Prejudice
6. What is your biggest dream?
To make a difference
7. What song could you listen to over and over again?
Anything by The Dave Matthews Band
8. If your house were burning down, what would you take and why?
Irreplaceable letters,writing, manuscripts—then I would get my *** out of there (with my phone and purse)!!
9. Who is your inspiration, your hero?
It’s really hard to name only one. I really admire people who have overcome adversity to find success. They inspire me. Famous writers always inspire me as well, since many of them wrote multiple novels before being published or even noticed–they didn’t give up.
10. What advice would you give your teenage self?
Love your body, don’t be so self conscious. You are beautiful.
11. If you were not in your current line of work, what would you be doing instead?
Parks and Recreation Department Head of Pawnee, a.k.a. Leslie Knope
My Nominees for the Liebster Award
My Inner Chick -Kim Robinson writes stunning poetry. She advocates to end domestic violence.
My 11 Questions for the Nominees
- What was your reason for launching your blog?
- What’s your all time favorite ice cream?
- What keeps you writing, coming back to the keyboard?
- What advice would you give your 20 year old self?
- What has been the hardest lesson you’ve learned so far?
- If you could change one thing in the world what would it be?
- Where is your dream destination?
- One book you read over and over and still love!
- What was the title of your first piece?
- Finish the sentence “I wish I hadn’t _________”
- You’ve just been arrested for protesting, who do you call?
Leave a comment, I LOVE ’em!