Can we talk about the hot flashes, ladies? I should invite the men to weigh in as well. I believe men experience them too but maybe not as intensely. When these first began, I didn’t even realize it was really a hot flash, per se. Every night around 10 pm I would warm right up and have to take off my sweater or a layer. I just thought the room had warmed up for some odd reason. Continue reading “Hot Flashes of Confidence”
“Ms. Thomson?…Ms. Thomson?…” Deep sigh “Is she here?”
“Yes.” Panting from running by the seat of my pants. “Who’s asking?”
“It’s the year 2018…”
“Yes.” Slightly breathless.
“Yes, I’m here now!” Speaking louder. “I’m Ms. Thomson. Or you can call me Lisa—that’s what my friends call me” *smiles beatifically* (I like that word ‘beatific’—in both sound and meaning) Continue reading “2018, Here I Am”
Right now I’m packing for an adeventure of a lifetime. I wanted to let you know I’ll be away for the rest of the month. I can’t even believe it myself.
So, last December (almost a year ago) my good friend and I hatched a plan. It was a plan that I didn’t really think would happen. Just talk. But no. We’re doing it! Continue reading “Life Is About Friends”
How can I write about divorce when there’s so much crap going on? This week was a doozy, yes? If you are offended by swear words, then click away and come back next week.
Las Vegas, AK rifles, massacres, terrorist attacks, hurricane destruction—-yuck. Violent words. Violent worlds. Continue reading “It’s Never Too Early”
I wrote this months ago and have hesitated in posting it until now. I can’t say why except that it’s putting a piece of my heart out here.
I think that’s called being “vulnerable“. Here goes.
Even though my friend passed away over a year ago, his memory is often with me. Every once in a while, I’ll see an older man on the street and think of *Craig. Then I’ll remember some random thing he told me or some funny mannerism of his. Continue reading “Please forgive me”
When things get tough, that’s when you count your blessings. Absolutely. True. Literally nothing can get me down because I have so many good things and people in my life. How can I possibly complain? I can’t.
Here’s my gratitude list;
- Having friends that ‘got my back’-I’m so fortunate to have friends that truly care…they check in…they offer moral support…they’re simply there when I need them. Friends are the family you choose.
- My car. My car is 16 years old now, but it runs like a charm (except for a few things). Other than putting money into maintenance and this year I need new tires, this car gives back far more than I have to put into it.
- Having time to work on my creative pursuits. Not everyone has the time to spend creatively and I’m always grateful for my flexible schedule.
- Living close to the ocean. It’s my go-to place for relaxation, meditation, play, exploration.
- Another day on the planet. As my birthday month is here, I always think about the good fortune of aging. yup, I think I just said I like getting older.
- I’m dry. Watching the news I can’t help but feel grateful that we aren’t facing any natural disasters, like Texas is facing now. We take for granted when mother nature stays calm but we never know when she’ll blow. For now though, my home is warm and dry and I’m truly grateful for those comforts.
What are you grateful for today? What’s on your mind?
You can join the blog link-up today by writing your own grateful list, and visiting those blogs as well. Have a great weekend, my Escapees!
Well, I’m sitting in a smokey haze. It’s not that I’ve taken up smoking but it’s the forest, wild-fire smoke that has blown into town this week. It’s cast a yellow tint to everything including my brain.
Maybe it’s a summer slacker thing, but I’ve been avoiding my blog. Continue reading “Smokey Summer Update”
I’ve recently finished reading the non-fiction, self help book, Allow Yourself To Be a Better Person by Balroop Singh. I felt compelled to share my review with all of my Escapees. Why? Because not only did I love this book but I’m sure you will also find value in Balroop’s wisdom. Continue reading “Book Review-Allow Yourself To Be a Better Person”
In yoga class, often the teacher will ask you to “set your intention” for practice. In my first year of taking yoga class, this request would stump me. What is my intention for today’s class? Hmmm. Continue reading “Choose Your Word For the Day”