Can we talk about the hot flashes, ladies? I should invite the men to weigh in as well. I believe men experience them too but maybe not as intensely. When these first began, I didn’t even realize it was really a hot flash, per se. Every night around 10 pm I would warm right up and have to take off my sweater or a layer. I just thought the room had warmed up for some odd reason. Continue reading “Hot Flashes of Confidence”
“Ms. Thomson?…Ms. Thomson?…” Deep sigh “Is she here?”
“Yes.” Panting from running by the seat of my pants. “Who’s asking?”
“It’s the year 2018…”
“Yes.” Slightly breathless.
“Yes, I’m here now!” Speaking louder. “I’m Ms. Thomson. Or you can call me Lisa—that’s what my friends call me” *smiles beatifically* (I like that word ‘beatific’—in both sound and meaning) Continue reading “2018, Here I Am”
It’s no secret that the initial stages of divorce prove to be the most dangerous time in a woman’s life. Yet, we tend to remain positively naive. That makes sense of course, because we’re going through so much for the first time and we are unaware of the hidden or subtle vulnerabilities. Continue reading “Your Personal Safety During Divorce”
This little blog turns 6 today! Wow, where has the time gone? The original post is here and I believe I’ve stayed fairly true to my purpose. That said, I see myself branching out as time goes on. I’m not sure what those branches will be, in all honesty. Maybe more focus on well-being and less focus on specific divorce issues? Continue reading “Happy 6th Blog Birthday!”
Barbara Stevens of Breakup Recovery interviewed me recently, and it is now live on itunes. She asks me on-point questions and you’ll want to hear my answers as I ramble on… Continue reading “A Podcast and Interview About Divorce Recovery”
Forget about finding love in a hopeless place. That might be okay for the likes of Rhianna. But
what we really need is humor in a hopeless place. So, let’s laugh until it’s funny.
“The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter.”-Mark Twain
Continue reading “Laugh Until It’s Funny”
Have you ever wondered if there are gender differences in narcissists? Well, I wondered that very thing recently so I did a little research. Turns out, narcissists are more alike than different regardless of gender. That said there are a few specific differences in the behaviors of narcissistic men and women. Continue reading “5 Key Gender Differences In Narcissists”
When things get tough, that’s when you count your blessings. Absolutely. True. Literally nothing can get me down because I have so many good things and people in my life. How can I possibly complain? I can’t.
Here’s my gratitude list;
- Having friends that ‘got my back’-I’m so fortunate to have friends that truly care…they check in…they offer moral support…they’re simply there when I need them. Friends are the family you choose.
- My car. My car is 16 years old now, but it runs like a charm (except for a few things). Other than putting money into maintenance and this year I need new tires, this car gives back far more than I have to put into it.
- Having time to work on my creative pursuits. Not everyone has the time to spend creatively and I’m always grateful for my flexible schedule.
- Living close to the ocean. It’s my go-to place for relaxation, meditation, play, exploration.
- Another day on the planet. As my birthday month is here, I always think about the good fortune of aging. yup, I think I just said I like getting older.
- I’m dry. Watching the news I can’t help but feel grateful that we aren’t facing any natural disasters, like Texas is facing now. We take for granted when mother nature stays calm but we never know when she’ll blow. For now though, my home is warm and dry and I’m truly grateful for those comforts.
What are you grateful for today? What’s on your mind?
You can join the blog link-up today by writing your own grateful list, and visiting those blogs as well. Have a great weekend, my Escapees!
Actually, it’s a viewer question. This is one of several contacts I receive after someone watches my youtube video on parental alienation. The comments keep coming over there and some of them quite negative. I’ve had to delete a few and guess which Continue reading “Dear Lisa-Reader Question”
In the film Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, the main character decides to have his memories of his ex erased. These included ALL memories, good and bad. Did he once love her? Absolutely. When she broke it off with him though, the pain was too great to bear and he decides to erase her altogether. (That was after he found out she had done it first)
The narc has some of that ability without the freaky procedure we saw administered in the film. Just to be clear, this film is not about narcissism. It’s a quirky, bizarre love story. It’s the spotless mind reference that has a likeness to what little can be understood of the narcissist’s brain function. Continue reading “Eternal Sunshine of the Narcissist’s Mind”